Monday, 26 January 2015

New relationships

I hadn't been in a new relationship in three years, so when I got into one, I couldn't believe the feeling. It was heady, giggly and all butterflies again. I hated it. With all that nice fluttering came uncertainty, worries, projections.
Can I adapt to him and him to me? How would we work through problems, what problems would arise? Would I be able to handle them or would I be back to square one in a few weeks, a once nice friendship ruined?
Then I had to deal with separating the man before me from all those in the past. No he isn't like A and just because B did doesn't mean he will.
Then people. I was wary of people saying "oh just so and so length of time and she's already flaunting him".
There was a lot. In my mind all this could be solved only by the passage of time.
Well time has passed, and I realise it was all in my head. Why worry about the future?  You can't change it. I should have embraced my butterflies, enjoyed the rush of a young blossoming love and not pray for it to be over so quickly.
In all this though, I love where I am now. Couldn't have wished it any better. *grinning like a little girl*

No comments:

Post a Comment